Monday, January 13, 2020

Minions!

I love Minions of any kind but these appliques were fun to create. I downloaded images of the various cartoons from the internet and created my own pattern. It came out about 40" x 50" which is baby quilt size and has a plain white flannel backer (so it shows all the quilting). 

This specific one had only 6 Minions and was included in the FVUMC October, 2019 fall missions fundraiser sale at my church (Fuquay Varina United Methodist Church at the corner of Judd Pkwy and Academy). I decided to remove it from the church sale inventory so it won't be available to sell in fall 2020 but I'll sell it myself if you're interested in buying it. The proceeds will go to me, though I'll tithe what you pay me (10% will be given to my church during the offering following your payment to me).

I can ship via USPS (flat rate Priority Mail 2-3 day service with a tracking number is $15), but if you prefer, I can send it via FedEx or UPS and you pay the exact fees they charge. I can also offer a porch pickup during Covid-19 Stay At Home if you want to come and get it free.


Since I make the pattern up myself, I can make a quilt from any cartoon images you provide (assuming they are high enough resolution to get a large scale image). 

The price is set according to finished size of the quilt + materials cost and difficulty level of creating it. I can do more complicated stuff (see Cats quilt in this post for another sample) but it gets more pricey the more involved the work. Quilting is between one and two cents per square inch. The swirls on this quilt are in the halfway range, at $0.015 per square inch or (40" * 50" * $0.015/sq. in. = $30) just for the quilting.

Just email heirloominthemaking at gmail dot com if you want to buy this one or if you'd like to commission a different Minions quilt--or if you have some other cartoons you'd like to have made into a quilt. Custom designs are my favorite kind of Heirloom in the Making!