Monday, January 13, 2020

Chicken Little


I saw this cute little country kitchen table topper in the Annie's Catalog eBook Animal Attractions with designs by Chris Malone. On Black Friday, I finally got the red and blue fabrics I needed from fatquartershop.com's amazing sales so I could try it out. 

Although it looks like a fun pattern, I'm not sure I really want to do it again It was a lot of hassle to assemble and I'm not happy with how the chickens failed to line up right. Maybe I'd do better making it a long, rectangular table runner with these cute chickens running down the length of it and sunny sunflowers scattered beneath their feet. That might be fun to try.

The same designer (Chris Malone) also came up with some creative potholders and handle-pinchers for Annie's. I made the cute double-handed sunflower one for a friend who loves sunflowers. As pictured, other ideas come to mind if you prefer animals to flowers.

If you'd like to commission a Chicken Little table topper ($44.99+shipping) or table runner like I described above (chickens running along rectangular length ($39.99 to $54.99 depending on size + shipping) please email me via heirloominthemaking at gmail dot com and let's discuss! The sunflower potholder's $19.99+shipping. Animals are a little bit more.

I accept payments via PayPal.me/heirloominthemaking and ship anywhere in the USA via USPS Priority Mail with a tracking number or via FedEx / UPS if you prefer.